Sunday, October 28, 2018

Art Making/Material Exploration: Exploring Line




1.) It was very interesting using my own hands as a subject matter for drawing. I never really looked at all of the details that are involved in something as simple as my hands. Here you have your hands, that are usually what you are using to create other things and art with. In this case, you are using the hands you create art with, and show casing them as the focal point instead of anything else.
2.) I selected to use pencil because I do not have charcoal, and because I feel like it is less messy and creates a variety of values really effectively when used properly.
3.)It felt extremely awkward and uncoordinated, as I expected, to create a drawing with my non-dominant hand because I do not hand the same control with that hand as I do with my dominant hand.
4.)I think my sketches are surprisingly very accurate drawings. I did use my dominant hand to shade in and go over my drawing that I sketched with my non-dominant hand to complete it, which helped me to feel more satisfied in its overall outcome.
5.)I would not consider using my non-dominant hand to create art in the future. I felt like I struggled and my art began to look abstract rather than realistic because i struggled to create a straight line. It was frustrating, yet interesting, but overall it was not enjoyable for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment