Thursday, December 13, 2018

Reflections of AED

1. What were you expectations for this course and where they met?

I didn't have many specific expectations for this course because through life I have learned through experience that it is best to not expect anything, but rather to just take whatever comes with each situation as it is. I did hope to learn about art, its meaning, terminologies and where they came from, what is considered art or what is not, and the various types of art. I was impressed by how much can be learned through an online art course, as well as overwhelmed by the amount of content and work was required. I did learn the things I had hoped to learn and more.

2. Now that you've been through this course, What is art? How would you define it now compared to your initial posting?

I now believe that art is many things, it is imagination turned into creation. It is an emotion or feeling you have when you are the artist, and can be a completely different emotion or feeling when you are the viewer. Art is both simple and complex. It is both functional and for enjoyment. Much of art is a visual creation and experience.

3. Who was your favorite artist in your original posting and who is your favorite visual artist now? If there is a difference, why do you think so? If you have the same favorite artist, why do you think so?

My favorite artist was Pablo Picasso in the beginning of this course. At this time I would have to say that he is still my favorite because I just enjoy his work. I love how abstract he can make things appear, but how complex and well thought out the work is. He doesn't just throw something together and make a mess, he puts so much meaning and care into everything he created.


4. Now that you've completed this course, how do you feel about taking an online course? Is your answer the same as it was in your first posting? How is it the same or different?

I was comfortable with taking an online course when I began this one. This is not my first online course and it will not be my last. I enjoy the convenience because I work full time and I have a family and kids so I can fit this into the little bit of free time that I do have.

No comments:

Post a Comment