Sunday, September 30, 2018

Logo - Module 5

 Final Copy Logo


Logo Design – Module 5

1.)    I thought it was quite interesting to create a logo for myself in this project. You don’t typically think about creating a logo unless it is for a business. This made me have to think outside the box and try and “brand” myself, more or less.
2.)    I tried to think of all the things that I feel define who I am as a man. I am very proud of my Dominican culture, so I wanted to somehow incorporate the flag of my country somehow in my logo. I love music and dancing, especially to Latin music, so I thought having a music note in my logo would be appropriate. My last name, as well as my nickname, is Coco, so I thought if my design included that I would certainly feel that it was truly mine. I considered putting a shield in my design, to represent my career as a police officer, but through the sketching process, I realized that I don’t truly feel like my career defines me as a person. My favorite color is green so I knew that I would like to use that color in my design as well.
3.)    The most important thing I discovered is how I define myself. How I view the things that are most important to me and what best represents who I am and what I am all about. It was a different way to self-reflect for me than I have done in the past.
4.)    The most important information I learned from the material was how the process was broken down and how the different uses of words, symbols, positioning of things, etc. can be used in a logo in order for it to be done well. Simple, yet descriptive and meaningful is the way to go. I felt that the videos were helpful and I did like them, although I sometimes felt that certain parts of them were a bit dragged out.

Drafts    


No comments:

Post a Comment